Find a Job
Health Information Manager
Community HealthCare System
Location: Onaga, Kansas
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $50,000-$62,000
Community HealthCare System (CHCS) is seeking a Health Information Manager to work in our fully integrated health care system. CHCS has locations in seven communities of Northeast Kansas. Those communities are: Centralia, Corning, Frankfort, Holton, Onaga, St. Marys, and Westmoreland.
This position will be based out of the Onaga location but will be the subject matter expert for Health Information topics including, HIPPA and Privacy for all seven of our locations.
Community HealthCare System offers competitive pay and a complete benefits package. For more information, go to www.chcsks.org and click on “Careers” or contact Human Resources at 785-889-5030.
- Develop, implement and maintain departmental and system-wide policies and procedures for coding, abstracting, chart assembly, transcription, to include but is not limited to continuing quality improvement.
- Generate reports that indicate compliance with accuracy and production standards noted above and take corrective when the standard is not met.
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures through backend audits and reviews providing feedback, additional training and/or education as needed.
- Develop and maintain skills as a super user of the Electronic Health Record. Develop and provide training in these two systems as changes take place. Develop measures to determine compliance with new procedures and take corrective action when compliance standards are not met.
- Identify training needs and opportunities outside of the Electronic Health Record. Develop training materials and deliver them. Develop benchmarks for compliance and take corrective action as needed.
- Monitor staff productivity and performance and report to executive management through quality improvement initiatives.
- Hire, supervise and provide developmental coaching for department staff.
- Provide back up as needed during staff absences.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures that assure the privacy/security of patient health information including HIPAA compliance.
- Develop, implement and maintain HIPAA/HITECH action compliant procedures and standards for the timely release of patient information in response to requests and subpoenas. Generate reports that indicate compliance with standards and take corrective action when the standard is not met.
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures to generate appeal letters for denied claims including involvement of providers and Business Office as needed. Generate reports that indicate compliance with procedure and results of appeals to use as a basis for modifying practice and procedures.
- Serve as the Privacy Officer for CHCS.
- Supports and abides by the mission, values, and policies of CHCS in all activities.
- On-going compliance with CHCS educational requirements.
- All other duties as required.
- One to three years experience in a supervisor or manager position.
- Current Registered Health Information Technitian (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Microsoft suite of products including PowerPoint
- Demonstrated competency in claims/financial systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or other like field.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Health Information management or other like field.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply Online: http://www.chcsks.org
Posted: January 4, 2021 at 11:51 AM
Post ID: 57067