Find a Job
HIM Coding Supervisor
Location: kansas city, Missouri
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Thank you for considering Children’s Mercy! Half a million times a year, a child comes to our doors. We take care of them all, fulfilling our non-profit mission. Joining the CM team means being a part of a caring environment where people are passionate about helping children get well. Whether clinical or non-clinical, we are all here for the same reason – our patients and their families! Read more below about this position and apply if you feel this organization and job are a fit for you.
The Coding Supervisor manages the daily functions (coding, abstracting and provider communication) for the telecommuting facility coding sections. Coordinates facility coding support and coverage, as needed due to staffing shortages or peak volumes. Ensures strict accordance with Hospital, Government Regulatory Agencies, and Joint Commission, Rules and Regulations and Departmental policies. Works in collaborative and multidisciplinary environment. Continuously strives to improve processes in the coding section while maintaining a high level of quality service and continuously, protecting patient information. Serves as the point of contact for internal and external department customer coding inquiries and provides expert knowledge; which includes knowledge of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10CM, PCS, and CPT.
- Continuously evaluates, modifies and educates regarding mandated updates and internal work processes while ensuring Hospital, Government Regulatory Agencies, Joint Commission, Rules and Regulations, Departmental policies and patient privacy are not compromised. Analyzes work and staffing daily to ensure goals are met appropriately. Communicates updates and issues, in addition to possible solutions to the HIM Leadership team. Implements solutions, revises and prioritizes work assignments as necessary.
- Conducts daily supportive operations which include, but not limited to: certifying documentation availability; providing education; validation of registration and charge accuracy. Recognizes and problem solves for any coding barriers. Serve as a resource for data interpretation to other hospital staff regarding all coding aspects.
- Preserves, provides direction and promotes the virtual work environment for coding staff. Regularly evaluates consistency for work outcomes, staffing needs, and need for development and education. Serves as a point of contact for external coding inquiries.
- Prioritizes and manages areas within the coding section as it relates to coding accuracy, operations and tools. Collaborates and assists as needed in other internal and external hospital projects as it relates to the coding section.
- Associate’s Degree and 3-5 years experience Supervise staff, coordinate schedules and workflow, write policy and procedures, assess performance or health care related vendor jobs
- One of the following: Registered Health Information Technician, Registered Health Information Administrator, Certified Coding Specialist required upon hire
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please apply online at www.childrensmercy.org/careers. If you have any questions please contact Melynda Samson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: January 4, 2021 at 11:23 AM
Post ID: 57065