Find a Job
CAPE FEAR VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER
Location: FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Other
Job Type: Full-Time
This role will serve as the Privacy Analyst under the supervision of the Corporate Compliance Officer and will provide support and operations for initiatives critical to information privacy practices. The Privacy Analyst will be responsible for conducting privacy training, development of procedures, auditing and monitoring, risk mitigation planning, and other program elements. This experienced professional must be able to analyze, investigate, and respond to complex privacy scenarios with limited supervision. Reviews and analyzes medical records for compliance with HIPAA and other applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. Provides education based on audit results and during New Employee Orientation.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
The following is a summary of the major essential functions of this job. The incumbent may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below; specific functions may change from time to time.
- Identify, investigate, and document Privacy and Security Breach Incidents related to internal and external reports
- Compile chronological event sequence, prepare and summarize interview notes, document the investigation and assessment, and summarize the outcome for each assigned event.
- Researches, analyzes, and interprets rules and regulations applicable to the audit project.
- Performs an initial and periodic information privacy risk assessment/analysis, mitigation and remediation.
- Responsible for information management, storage, retrieval, issue tracking, and summary reports.
- Provides education, as needed, and performs follow-up inquiries to assess whether recommended changes were implemented.
- Maintains current knowledge of audit, compliance, and HIPAA issues related to the Health System.
- Assists the Corporate Compliance Officer and HIPAA Privacy Officer with special projects and other job-related duties as directed.
- Participates in Corporate Compliance Team projects and initiatives including, but not limited to, inventory test counts and Find It Fix It (FIFI) surveys.
The following qualifications or equivalents are the minimum requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of this job:
Education and formal training:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business or other healthcare related field required.
- Preferred certifications: CHPC (Certified in Health Care Privacy Compliance – HCCA), CHPS (Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security-AHIMA), or CIPP/US (Certified Information Privacy Professional U.S. private-sector), or commitment to obtain one of the following certifications within 1- year of employment: CHPC, CHPS or CIPP/US. Must maintain the certification for the duration of employment.
- Minimum of three or more years of recent experience in a healthcare environment’s privacy program.
Apply Online: https://www.capefearvalley.com/careersx/index.aspx
Posted: December 29, 2020 at 1:34 PM
Post ID: 56967