Find a Job
Sr. Associate, Data Scientist
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Other
Job Type: Full-Time
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson’s 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
We are seeking a Data Scientist/Data Analyst experienced in applying statistical and/or mathematical techniques of risk analysis for de-identification of large data sets in a manner consistent, with applicable privacy laws to join our team in Atlanta, GA or The Woodlands, TX.
Provides support to the Director, Global Privacy Office-De-identification Lead with maintaining the global de-identification program. This role offers in-depth advanced analytical insights while working in a cross-functional team environment to manage business challenges associated with data de-identification and commercialization of data. This person will work with senior data scientists, research analysts, privacy, legal, and security teams to develop insights and analytic models to help business partners drive value and build a competitive advantage. The role will require analytical skills and tactical responsibilities to provide insights and recommendations.
- Will undertake other projects in support of the Global Privacy Office in the development of the enterprise Privacy Program.
- Advanced Analytics:
- Research and develop statistical models for data analysis.
- Rapidly perform exploratory data analysis, simulations, generate and test working hypotheses, and uncover interesting trends and relationships.
- Analyze and develop statistical models for structured and unstructured data and implement algorithms to support analysis using appropriate methods. using statistical techniques.
- Strong understanding of statistical languages utilized to efficiently build approaches and execute on analytical use cases.
Degree or equivalent and typically requires 2+ years of relevant experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in statistical or data analysis.
- Privacy or other regulatory investigations experience is preferred.
- Operates independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to respond timely to urgent matters.
- Must be able to manage shifting and competing priorities.
- Specific experience with SAS, Python, Tableau, JMP and SQL.
- Strong quantitative analysis background and experience in working with large, complex systems to aggregate, organize, and prepare data for business analysis.
- Deep experience in extracting, cleaning, preparing, and modeling data.
- Data visualization and/or skills to effectively communicate insights is a plus
- Up to 10% travel may be required (domestic and international)
- Must be able to facilitate meetings and conference calls with multiple parties and keep appropriate stakeholders properly informed.
- Highly organized with ability to effectively communicate, both written and oral, with all levels of management.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
General Office Demands
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
We take pride in our culture of connection and believe in a workplace where everyone can be their full, authentic self. We welcome and encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities and others with diverse perspectives to join our growing team. Your unique perspective and experience are valuable assets that can translate into a rewarding career path with us. Apply to join our team and help shape the future of healthcare!
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, mathematics, data analytics, or related field or equivalent experience
Instructions for Resume Submission
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Posted: December 4, 2020 at 2:11 PM
Post ID: 56530