Find a Job
Clinical Risk Manager-RN
Location: Spokane, Washington
Work Setting: Physician Office
Job Function: Risk Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Purpose of Job:
Improve the overall health of the communities we serve by providing risk management services as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes and understands clinical standards of care from a risk management perspective and develops and implements training for clinical staff.
• Works closely with Clinical and Quality Improvement departments to develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and workflows regarding patient safety, infection control, documentation, and other risk management areas.
• Analyzes clinical risk reports, deceased patient reviews and participates in the clinical chart review process, which may include interacting with providers to provide risk management guidance and support.
• Provides consultation and regular evaluation of privileging, patient safety, credentialing, and quality improvement processes.
• Interprets OSHA requirements, systemic process improvement to prevent employee injuries, managing L&I claims that we appeal and maintaining infection control processes.
• Develops, implements, and maintains organizational safety and infection control risk assessments.
• Maintains clinical competence and acts as a safety and infection control resource for Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses and Providers.
• Provides cross coverage between Risk and Employee Health RN as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and Washington State RN license required. Experience working in an ambulatory care setting strongly preferred. Training experience preferred. Minimum three years of risk management or supervisory/lead experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Experience in infection control preferred.
Skills: Must have outstanding communication skills; speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Demonstrates strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. Possesses and demonstrates outstanding leadership skills in order to be able to mentor and lead staff and mobilize and motivate groups around risk. Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with people at all levels in the organization. Exhibits excellent relationship building skills.
Valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply Online: http://Chas.org/careers
Posted: November 23, 2020 at 3:16 PM
Post ID: 56351