Find a Job
Medical Coding Associate Faculty
Everett Community College
Location: Home-based, Remote
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary Range: $5,064.45 per 5 credit course
Everett Community College is seeking to build a pool of qualified instructors to teach Medical Coding classes. Applicants will be contacted as employment opportunities arise.
Everett Community College’s mission is to educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities and thrive in a global society. Furthermore, the College’s vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold equity, cultural competence and inclusion. We are committed to hiring instructors who exemplify the vision, mission and core values of our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
The instructor will teach Medical Coding courses that are offered online using Canvas.
Candidates must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written English with our community partners and other professionals, and be able to effectively interact with staff, students, colleagues and administrators at the college. Opportunities exist for flexible schedules.
• Facilitate communication with students regarding curriculum, exercises, tests, and all other class work on a daily basis.
• Develop Canvas course using department protocols.
• Check and answer email and questions in Canvas and Discussion Boards at minimum once a day, 5 days a week.
• Calculate mid-quarter and final quarter grades
• Communicate regularly with Program Director and Department Chair regarding any student issues.
• Work closely with students to motivate and retain students who appear to be failing or falling behind.
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
● Ability to operate office equipment
● Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
● Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
– Current AHIMA certification, including RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CCS-P
– AAPC certification plus 3 years direct coding experience and obtainment of AHIMA certification within 6 months
– Two years of direct medical coding industry experience.
– Familiarity with AHIMA-approved competencies for Medical Coding. – Online or distance education teaching experience.
– Experience in curriculum development.
– Three-plus years of experience as a medical coder.
– Additional coding certification through AAPC.
– Awareness of current trends in Medical Coding.
Preferred – Bachelor’s degree or higher in healthcare field.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please apply online: https://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/5028
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCC’s policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Apply Online: https://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/5028
Posted: November 20, 2020 at 4:24 PM
Post ID: 56320