Find a Job
Health Information Tech
Ashley County Medical Center
Location: Crossett, Arkansas
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsible for sorting and scanning all patient-related documents into Thrive. Responsible for chart reviews for physician deficiencies and maintaining the Chart Deficiency System. Responsible for entering Birth Certificate information into ERAVE and Paternity Acknowledgements. Responsible for phone calls and in-person requests for records maintaining HIPAA guidelines. Responsible for scanning all paper charts into Thrive.
- Picks up paper medical records and patient-related documents from several sources.
- Sorts and correctly categorizes incoming patient-related documents.
- Scans paper documents and links the documents to appropriate account and document title in Thrive.
- Handles phone calls and in-person requests for records and verifies proper authorization for release of any and all health information.
- Reviews patient accounts for physician deficiencies and enters them into the Chart Deficiency Maintenance System.
- Enters Birth Certificate Information into ERAVE according to State regulations and within State required 10 days of newborn birth.
- Completes Paternity Acknowledgement Forms, as necessary, following established State guidelines.
- Pulls and scans medical records on rolling files.
- Initiate and maintain positive relationship with patients and co-workers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Superior organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Knowledge and skill in the use of scanner, fax, and electronic health record technology
- Knowledge of HIPAA medical privacy regulations and practices
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a health care team
- Able to respond to requests in a fast-paced environment
Experience in computer and data entry is required.
Knowledge and skill in the use of scanner, fax, and electronic health record technology required.
Previous Health Information Department experience preferred
2 years’ experience in a medical office setting preferred
Understanding of medical terminology preferred
Knowledge of HIPAA medical privacy regulations and practices preferred
Notary Public preferred
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Certificate or Degree in Health Information, Business, or Office Procedures preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Submit online at acmconline.org
Supported formats: Word, PDF, RTF, Text, and HTML.
Upload from Google Drive or Dropbox
Apply Online: http://www.acmconline.org
Posted: November 4, 2020 at 4:01 PM
Post ID: 55866