Find a Job
Health Information Management (HIM) Coordinator
Guidehouse/UAB Medical Center
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: Negotiable
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
This position is a full time position based at UAB Medical Center in Birmingham, AL
The Health Information Management (HIM) Coordinator coordinates chart management functions (deficiency and records management) by creating and monitoring various statistical reports. The Coordinator works closely with customers, internal and external, to ensure that data needs are met. Coordinates scheduling to ensure coverage for Chart Management. Coordinates the exchange of records with offsite storage facility. This position is located in the Avondale office of University of Alabama Medical Center.
- Produces daily and weekly reports using Excel
- Maintains statistics and databases for Chart Management
- Performs chart analysis of patient medical records
- Scans patient medical records into the EHR
- Performs quality reviews as requested
- Works with supervisor to schedule staff for sectional coverage
- Coordinates the transfer of patient information as requested
- Works with Manager/Supervisor to identify and solve problems, implement process improvement and ensure timeliness of data collection
- Associates Degree from an accredited Health Information Technology program
- Three years previous related experience
- Current RHIT or RHIA certification by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
- Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
- Rewards and Benefits
- Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply online at : https://careers.guidehouse.com/jobs (Req # 2020-7408)
Susan Goshen at email@example.com or call (714) 361-6846.
Apply Online: https://careers.guidehouse.com/jobs
Posted: October 22, 2020 at 4:18 PM
Post ID: 55451