Find a Job
HIM Supervisor-Novi/Waterford, MI Guardian of People Served PHI information
Location: Waterford, Michigan
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
CNS Healthcare is a private, non-profit organization that provides comprehensive behavioral health services in Michigan. Our dedicated team of fully-licensed psychiatrists, therapists, nurses, case managers and support staff are here to serve your needs on your journey to wellness. We provide passionate services to our consumers, which focus on quality care and reach well beyond psychiatric or psychotherapeutic services. Every consumer is valued and empowered to go beyond recovery and participate in their community.
A Standard of Excellence
CNS Healthcare has the highest level of accreditation and certification in mental health services through the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CNS Healthcare’s CARF certification is a qualified endorsement that our services conform to national and international recognized service standards, including Behavioral Health Home Certification.
- Essential Functions:
- Evaluates and improves the performance of team members and maintains a teamwork environment with a high level of employee morale.
- Collaborates with departments to develop operational plans and implementation of such to meet quality and financial goals.
- Communicates thoroughly and promptly with team members and stakeholders of office issues impacting day-to-day operations.
- Maintains medical records of patients are up-to-date and properly documented.
- Maintains medical billing claims, reimbursement, and collections.
- Maintains clinical staff credentialing of insurance compliance.
- Understands and utilizes Utilization Management expertise.
- Maintains HIPAA compliance standards as the Privacy Officer.
- Conducts Privacy and Security Committee meetings and responding to breaches of HIPAA violations per policy.
- Collaborates with other departments to meet performance goals and objectives for the organization.
- Leads team in quality improvement initiatives promoting achievement and performance improvement across the system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Coaches, supports, and takes corrective actions with staff to improve their performance.
- Establishes work assignments and work schedules.
- Ensures staff’s handling of verification of client identity, insurance, co-pays and collection of payments are compliant to policies and procedures.
- Adjudicates staff mileage, time keeping and attendance, and paid time off in a timely manner.
- Conducts team meetings on a regular basis, at least once a month with each dept.
- Required Education, Skills and Experience
- 2-years or more experience in supervisory role with more than 10+ staff
- At least Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business or similar.
- Strong problem solving and value-based decision-making skills.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal skills required.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
- Maintains working knowledge of best practices relating to HIPAA compliance standards, reimbursement requirements and with clinic standards of care.
Working knowledge of Utilization Management
At least a Bachelor degree in Healthcare, Business or simular.
Generous benefit offerings including 23 days PTO.
Instructions for Resume Submission
The posted position can be reviewed at:
www.cnshealthcare.org and select CAREERS. Please call Paul Reichert RN for details about the position.
Apply Online: http://www.cnshealthcare.org
Posted: October 22, 2020 at 10:20 AM
Post ID: 55435