Find a Job
Health Information Management Tech I
Location: Great Falls, Montana
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
The HIM Technician I perform various clerical HIM functions. These responsibilities include chart retrieval and tracking, entry-level prepping, and scanning of clinical documents. Additional responsibilities may include, processing research requests for records, reception/customer service responsibilities, and floating throughout the department to cover other areas within the department, as needed. A minimum of 95% accuracy is expected for all tasks.
- Locates, prints out and delivers medical records, as requested.
- Picks up records of newly discharged patients. Ensures that all discharged records are received from the units for document imaging.
- Files completed and loose reports.
- Prepares and distributes all requested reports.
- Maintains a log of activities. Continuously meets all turnaround times as requested. Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Processes all research requests.
- Completes missing records process by requesting charts from clinics, physicians, other departments. Documents all activities performed in chart location.
- Preps or assembles chart documents into standard chart order, verifying all documents belong to the same patient.
- Locates “unable to locate” charts for clinic appointments and/or release of information requests.
- Serves as an information resource by responding to requests for general and medical information received via phone, e-mail, fax, or in person.
- Operates computer to enter and retrieve data.
- Prepares medical record documents prior to scanning, according to policies and procedures.
- Utilizes facility guidelines to prep/assemble, scan and validate all documents are properly found with the document imaging system.
- Performs simple machine cleaning. Responsible for document imaging equipment maintenance prior to shift/use and maintains equipment cleaning log as required. Generates held desk ticket when needed.
- Performs general clerical functions such as filing, shredding, and floor rounds.
- Updates the HIM chart tracking system as needed.
- Monitors and reports the quality and quantity of work performed through self-reporting.
- Responsible for cross-training peers.
- Assists the HIM Department and various work units during times of staff shortage or high volumes
- Maintains strict physician and patient confidentiality.
- Follows all federal, state, industry, and hospital guidelines for release of information.
- Supports nThrive’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to nThrive’s business practices. This includes: becoming familiar with nThrive’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or nThrive’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven time management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in a hospital health information management department.
- Experience with hospital health information management computer systems.
- Office clerical or administrative experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Apply Online: https://careers-nthrive.icims.com/jobs/28350/health-information-management-technician-i/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=738&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Posted: October 12, 2020 at 1:22 PM
Post ID: 55116