Find a Job
Clinical Documentation Specialist I
University of Arkansas For Medical Sciences (UAMS)
Location: Arkansas, Remote
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: Salary offered commensurate to experience
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The Clinical Documentation Specialist I-Inpatient Coder reads and interprets health record documentation to identify all diagnoses and procedures that affect the current inpatient encounter visit and assesses the adequacy of the health record documentation to ensure it supports all diagnoses and procedures to which codes are assigned. Located in Little Rock, AR, but may work remotely upon successful completion of training.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
- Completes final review of medical record and selects appropriate ICD-10,CM,and PCS codes within designated deadlines.
- Reviews documentation to match appropriate codes with documentation for medical necessity.
- Works collaboratively with the Clinical Documentation Specialists II to identify and address documentation deficiencies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree with two (2) years of coding or High School diploma with four (4) years of coding experience
- Current CCS, RHIA or RHIT certification
- Must be willing obtain CCS certification within 12 months
- Must be self-directed with critical thinking and collaborative abilities
- Current CCS certification
- Hospital inpatient coding experience
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Instructions for Resume Submission
To apply for this position, please submit an application to the job application portal using the link below!
Posted: September 24, 2020 at 2:43 PM
Post ID: 54582