Find a Job
Risk Adjustment Coder
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Work Setting: Physician Office
Job Function: Coding – QA
Job Type: Full-Time
Infirmary Health grew from a community-based campaign in 1896, and the original Mobile Infirmary opened in 1910, at Ann Street and Springhill Avenue in Mobile, AL. A few blocks and a century down the road, the 681-bed Mobile Infirmary remains the cornerstone of Infirmary Health. Today, Infirmary Health is the largest non-governmental health care system in the state of Alabama. It serves an 11-county area of south Alabama and north Escambia County, Florida, with more than 700 active physicians on the medical staff and more than 6,000 employees. Infirmary Health is composed of five acute care hospitals, three post-acute facilities, a physician clinic network with more than 60 locations, six diagnostic imaging centers, two full service breast centers and 2 freestanding emergency departments, along with other affiliated entities.
Responsibilities of the Risk Adjustment Coder include:
- Improves overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation by performing concurrent review of medical records to achieve accurate coding.
- Provides education to physicians and staff to improve the capture of clinical severity of the patient in the medical record.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and supports the timely and accurate capture of measurements to improve patient outcomes.
- Three of the most recent five years of experience as a Medical Coder
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10 guidelines and HCC risk coding
- One of the following certifications:
- AAPC (CPC or CRC)
- Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC)
There are many reasons why more than 6,000 employees choose to work for Infirmary Health. For some, it’s because Infirmary Health provides a supportive work environment. For others, it’s because of our competitive salary, benefits package and retirement programs.
Whether you are a new employee or have been with Infirmary Health for years, you play an important part in our present and future success of the system. Your contributions are rewarded, in part, by a total compensation package and includes competitive salaries, first day and a variety of other programs and services that provide for your professional and personal needs to help take care of your family and build your future.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please feel free to attach your resume to your application when you apply online at: www.infirmaryhealth.org.
Apply Online: http://www.infirmaryhealth.org
Posted: August 31, 2020 at 2:45 PM
Post ID: 53826