Find a Job
Medical Billing/Coding Specialist
Reimbursement Management Consultants, Inc.
Location: Clackamas, Oregon
Work Setting: Consultant/Vendor
Job Function: Reimbursement/ Billing Specialist
Job Type: Part-Time
Reimbursement Management Consultants is looking for a well-rounded, experienced and proficient medical biller/coder to join our team!
This is currently a part-time position with full-time potential as our department grows. The position will be at our Clackamas, Oregon location where you will be onsite for 3 days and work remotely for 2 days. Candidate will be highly organized and can work independently to ensure timely filing of claims, A/R follow ups, and payment posting. There will be inbound calls from patients for payments as well as outbound calls to various insurance payers for claims status, denials, and appeals.
- 5+ years of medical billing experience required, billing certification through an accredited association/school required if no coding certification available
- Coding Certification preferable
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of medical terminology and general medical office procedures including HIPAA regulations
- Knowledge of insurance processes and billing guidelines/regulations required
- Resolve insurance claim rejections/denials, and non-payment of claims by payors.
- Identify trends in billing and follow-up, maintaining working knowledge of state and federal billing guidelines in order to identify ways in which our patients can expedite resolution of insurance accounts and identify delays in processing.
- Responsible for drafting effective appeals to insurance companies for reimbursement of monies owed.
- Responsible for maintaining daily account, follow-up work lists within department while maintaining organization’s productivity standards.
- Ensure compliancy is met and process claims in accordance with contracts and policies, as well as to adjudicate claims as appropriate.
- Responsible for identifying, researching, and resolving credit balances, missing payments and unposted cash as it pertains to billing account follow-up.
- Process, and maintain, within expectation, all correspondence received from patients and insurance companies as it pertains to correct and timely billing of claims, and receipt of payment.
- Responsible for handling patient disputes and submission of issues to coding for review to ensure organizational and revenue cycle processes are followed.
- Communicate appropriately with insurance companies, patients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of ICD-10/CPT/HCPCS coding
- Proficient use of computers including Microsoft Office 2010 applications
- Skilled in 10-key by touch and keyboarding
- Ability to operate general office equipment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently, as well as in a collaborative team setting
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Commercial and/or Government Payors
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve credit balances, missing payments, and unposted cash as it pertains to billing account follow-up
Benefits of full-time employment:
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- FSA or HSA
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Education Reimbursement
RMC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service-member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Posted: July 31, 2020 at 11:38 AM
Post ID: 52831