Find a Job
Director, Health Information Management
Mid-Columbia Medical Center
Location: The Dalles, Oregon
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $94,411-$117,998
Mid-Columbia Medical Center is a value-driven and principle-centered organization, serving our patients, employees, customers, and community within the Columbia River Region. Mid-Columbia Medical is affiliated with Oregon Health & Science University which is designed to elevate the delivery of health services to a new level of care. Mid-Columbia Medical Center was the first hospital to incorporate the Planetree model of patient-centered care. Planetree Philosophy is a holistic approach to healthcare, promoting mental, emotional, spiritual, social, and physical healing. It empowers patients and families through the exchange of information and encourages healing partnerships with caregivers.
Manages the daily operational activities of the Health Information Management Department in alignment with the mission, values, and objectives of the department and organization. Understands and supports the Planetree philosophy and mission of patient-centered healthcare promoted at Mid-Columbia Medical Center
- BS Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or a Registered Health Information
Technician (RHIT) in good standing with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- CIPP (Certified Information Privacy Professional) or CIPM (Certified Information Privacy Manager) certification preferred
- Minimum of five years progressively more responsible health information management experience.
Three years of Management or supervisory experience required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and agency laws and guidelines pertaining to protection from the unauthorized disclosure of individually identifiable information.
- Experience with using data technology tools (e.g, email, spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, voicemail, internet/intranet to access, organize, and store job-related information).
- Knowledge of information systems and healthcare applications in addition to database applications and report writing software.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Demonstrated ability to organize and lead a functional area in an integrated health system.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at www.mcmc.net
Apply Online: https://www.mcmc.net/careers/
Posted: July 16, 2020 at 8:26 PM
Post ID: 52470