Find a Job
Health Information Supervisor
South Dakota Human Services Center
Location: Yankton, South Dakota
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $19.07 DOQ
The South Dakota Human Services Center, located in Yankton, South Dakota, is a 277-bed inpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment facility serving acute, psychiatric rehabilitation, geriatric and adolescent patients.
This position directs and oversees health information department. Selects, schedules, trains and supervise medical record personnel, support the electronic health information team, offer codingsupport and oversee the records management and retention. Subject matter expert with the
transcription system and implementation of the speech recognition system.
The Health Information Supervisor directs the processes in the Health Information Department, provides coding support and direction to the Health Information Specialist, provides support to the Electronic Health Record team, offers technical support for transcription system and implementation.
Support the Director of Quality with providing reports as directed.
• coding support to ensure proper billing;
• manage work flow for the Health Information Department;
•provides reports and leadership from the Health Information Department for the Utilization Review Medical Records Committee;
• train and supervise health information staff;
• work with Utilization Review to copy charts for insurance or billing purposes;
• support providers with the transcription system;
• work with transcription vendor to increase usage of speech recognition software;
• liaison between the Electronic Health Information team and the Health Information Department;
•offer support to the Electronic Health Record Team, in researching requirements for HBIPS reporting;
• review and revise policies;
• oversight of the Quality Assurance processes with in Health Information Department;
• scanning of the discharged charts into file director;
• monitor tear down audits;
• hospital Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services reporting;
• scanning into Electronic Health Record Audits;
• oversight of the Release of Information processes.
• medical coding;
• medical records processes;
• data collection processes;
• transcription processes;
•Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic & Clinical Health (HITECH) rules and regulations.
• deal tactfully with others;
• communicate clearly and concisely;
• document and train staff on new processes effectively;
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
• interpret and apply laws, rules, policies, and procedures;
• recommend solutions to address short- and long-term needs;
• seek out creative solutions;
• supervise staff; provide motivation, coaching, and discipline as appropriate
Preference will be given to applicants with a bachelors degree and related health information experience. AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association) certification preferred.
The state of South Dakota offers an excellent benefits package that includes 3 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays per year, employer-paid health insurance for employee, fully-matched retirement plan and more! A complete listing of benefits can be found at www.benefits.sd.gov.
Instructions for Resume Submission
To apply go to http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus. Job ID #14256
Apply Online: http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus
Posted: July 7, 2020 at 10:02 AM
Post ID: 52150