Find a Job
Southern Illinois Healthcare
Location: Carbondale, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Southern Illinois Healthcare is a not-for-profit healthcare system with two acute care hospitals and one critical access hospital. The facilities include a level II trauma center, birthing center, level II plus special care nursery, acute rehab unit, and swing bed unit. We are currently seeking an inpatient coder to accurately code accounts from each of the areas mentioned above. This is a position that will afford the coder the privilege to work remotely after coming on-site for training in Carbondale, Illinois.
- Responsible for the accurate assignment of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes on all inpatient account types.
- Accurate selection of principal and secondary diagnoses and procedure codes so the MS-DRG, APR-DRG, CMG, or RUG is grouped appropriately.
- Work closely with a growing team of CDI specialists.
- Maintain 95% coding accuracy on quality reviews.
- Exceed coding productivity standards at least 80% of the time.
- Abstracts pertinent information into the discharge abstract.
CCS credential (in addition to RHIT) preferred
Associate’s degree in Health Information Technology from a CAHIIM accredited school.
SIH offers a rich total rewards package to its employees, allowing choice of options within each of the coverage areas. Such freedom of choice grants employees the ability to design a benefit plan best suited to his or her unique needs. Highlights of the plan include:
- Medical, which includes prescription drug coverage – company and employee paid.
- Dental – employee- paid.
- Vision – employee-paid.
- Basic Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) – company paid; this coverage is automatically enrolled for full-time employees.
- Supplemental employee and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance – employee paid.
- Dependent life insurance – employee paid.
- Short-term disability insurance offered after one year of full-time service – company-paid; this coverage is automatically enrolled.
- Long-term disability insurance offered after one year of full-time service – company-paid; this coverage is automatically enrolled.
- Long-term disability buy up – an additional 10% of long-term disability coverage – employee paid.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) – healthcare FSA or dependent care FSA – employee-paid.
- Voluntary plans including Group Critical Illness, Group Hospital Indemnity, Group Accident, and Group Term to Age 100 Life Insurance coverage – employee-paid.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply online at www.sih.net/careers, requisition ID 2020-5294 or follow this link: https://careers-sih.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=coder.
Posted: May 13, 2020 at 1:33 PM
Post ID: 50700