Find a Job
Medical Administrative Assistant Faculty
Northwest Technical College
Location: Bemidji, Minnesota
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
Great things are happening at Northwest Technical College where student success is our priority! Bemidji is a vibrant, urban community with growth noted in academics, industry, employment, and tourism. Come and join our team and our community with this tremendous employment opportunity.
• All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
• Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
• Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State College Faculty. https://www.mscfmn.org/mscf-contracts
• In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
• BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces
• Coordinate the online Medical Coding programs (certificate, diploma, and AAS) • Coordinate the online Health Care Administrative Support program (diploma) • Coordinate the online Health Care Administrative Specialist program (Associate of Applied Science)
• Provide teaching in the following but not limited to classes: Medical Office Procedures, Medical Language Applications, Medical Billing/Insurance, CPT and HCPCS, Inpatient Billing, and ICD-10-CM
• Be flexible and grow with our medical coding and health care administrative programs
• Provide teaching in an established curriculum, with proven course outlines and schedules
• Maintain and submit necessary student records according to published guideline
• Participate in the professional development, advisory board meetings, student and other educational activities by college policy
• Contribute to a program of scholarship, student advising, service to the College and community,
• Work cooperatively with individuals/groups in various agency settings
• Enjoy the opportunity to participate in college governance, committees, task forces, and other faculty duties
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your application and/or resume clearly demonstrate fulfillment of the following minimum qualifications.)
•Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree
•Occupational Experience Requirement – Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a medical administrative assistant/secretary.
•Recency Requirement – One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) post secondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
• Medical Coding experience of five years
• Previous teaching experience in the online arena
• Experience with diverse cultures and populations
• Experience with curriculum development
• Experience with D2L BrightSpace
• Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply online: https://ntcmn.peopleadmin.com/
A complete application will include the following attachments:
• Cover letter, which addresses the required qualifications and specific interest in working at Northwest Technical College
• Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Unofficial transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
Position-Related Inquiries: Michele D. Brielmaier, Dean of Nursing and Human Services Northwest Technical College firstname.lastname@example.org
Application-Related Inquiries: Teresa Hanson Human Resources Specialist Teresa.Hanson@bemidjistate.edu
Apply Online: https://ntcmn.peopleadmin.com
Posted: March 12, 2020 at 2:03 PM
Post ID: 49297