Find a Job
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
Children’s Hospital Colorado
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: CDI Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Children’s Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years. Founded in 1908, Children’s Colorado is a leading pediatric network entirely devoted to the health and well being of children. Continually recognized as one of the nation’s outstanding hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Children’s Colorado is known both for its nationally and internationally recognized medical, research and education programs as well as the full spectrum of everyday care for kids throughout Colorado and surrounding states. With more than 1,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric specialties, Children’s Colorado Network of Care includes its main campus, 16 Children’s Care Centers and more than 400 outreach clinics.
A career at Children’s Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child.
Ensures overall quality and completeness of the clinical documentation. Facilitates clarification of clinical documentation through extensive concurrent interaction with physicians, nursing staff, multidisciplinary care givers and the Health Information Management coding staff to ensure that clinical severity is captured for the level of service rendered and support appropriate reimbursement for all patients with a DRG-based payer (Medicare, Medicaid, etc.). Supports timely, accurate and complete documentation of clinical information used for measuring and reporting physician and hospital outcomes. Educates/trains all members of the care team on the Clinical Documentation Improvement program/processes.
Population Specific Care
- No Direct Patient Care
- Assign and monitor DRG assignment, DRG reports and tracking areas for performance improvement throughout the patient’s hospital stay.
- Assists with preparation and presentation of clinical documentation monitoring/trending reports for review.
- Collaborates with HIM coding staff, manager and coding education and compliance educator to assist in the understanding to promote complete and accurate clinical documentation and correct negative trends.
- Communicates with physicians, nurse practitioners, case managers, coders and other members of the interdisciplinary team members to facilitate comprehensive medical record documentation to reflect treatment, decision and medical documentation.
- Facilitates modification to clinical documentation to support the clinical picture, risk of mortality and severity of illness rendered to all inpatients.
- Queries physicians regarding missing, unclear or conflicting health documentation.
- Must have excellent computer skills and skills in Microsoft Office. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Required Experience: 3-5 years Health Information Management or Nursing.
- Required: Associates or Bachelors, RHIT/RHIA or Registered Nurse;
Minimum of three years HIM experience in acute care coding preferred.
Preferred Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Preferred Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) or Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS).
Prefer nursing education with a RHIA/RHIT.
Must have a CCA or CCS AHIMA coding credential, CDIP or CCDS credential within 2 years of position date and must maintain active certification.
Instructions for Resume Submission
For immediate consideration, please submit your application to Job ID 62996 through the careers section of our website www.childrenscolorado.org/careers.
Apply Online: https://www.childrenscolorado.org/about/careers/
Posted: March 3, 2020 at 10:33 AM
Post ID: 48928