Find a Job
Director of Health Information Management
Eastern State Hospital
Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: Negotiable, commensurate with experience.
Eastern State Hospital, located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentional emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state of the art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 900. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission.
Reporting directly to the Facility Director, the Director of Health Information Management is responsible for directing and managing the HIM Department. This position provides education to HIM staff on ESH policies and procedures, processes, use and maintenance of medical records and health information. Maintains compliance with The Joint Commission and CMS regulations, participating in surveys as needed. Ensures the confidentiality of each patient’s medical record according to ESH policy and relevant laws. Acts as ESH HIPAA Privacy Officer, overseeing all activities related to HIPPA regulations, including chairing HIPPA meetings. Provides training and guidance related to privacy matters. Serves as Records office manager for ESH, overseeing all tasks related to records management, complying with all Library of Virginia (LVa) policies. Serves as a member of facility emergency management team during disasters as requested. Represents ESH on the Electronic Health Records development team, developing system-wide processes.
• Knowledge and experience involving privacy laws, access, release of information, and release control technologies.
• Experience in applying principles of Health Information Management, project management, and change management.
• Experience in working with The Joint Commission (TJC) and CMS regulations for mental health acute and extended care facilities.
• Experience in supervision practices and principles, and the ability to mentor, instruct, and lead hospital staff.
• Experience in leadership to provide communication and facilitate the success and cohesiveness of the entire facility beyond the scope of HIM.
• Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
• Master’s Degree in Informatics from an accredited college or university.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management from an accredited college or university affiliated with the American Health Information Management Association.
Eastern State Hospital offers a competitive benefit package to include various health care plans, paid life insurance, Virginia Retirement System retirement plan, 12 paid holidays, annual, family personal and sick leave.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Resume is required when submitting the state application online.
Apply Online: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/179992
Posted: February 13, 2020 at 2:13 PM
Post ID: 48047