Find a Job
Children’s Hospital Colorado
Location: home-based, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Children’s Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years. Founded in 1908, Children’s Colorado is a leading pediatric network entirely devoted to the health and well being of children. Continually recognized as one of the nation’s outstanding hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Children’s Colorado is known both for its nationally and internationally recognized medical, research and education programs as well as the full spectrum of everyday care for kids throughout Colorado and surrounding states. With more than 1,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric specialties, Children’s Colorado Network of Care includes its main campus, 16 Children’s Care Centers and more than 400 outreach clinics.
A career at Children’s Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child.
The Medical Coder Senior performs full-level expert coding in the hospital’s health information management department. The senior coder assigns ICD (international classification of disease) codes and modifiers for diagnoses and procedures utilizing the hospital’s encoding software and appropriate procedural, terminology and health related common procedure coding books.
- Performs full-level medical coding. Encompassing but not limited to inpatient coding and all entry and associate level coding.
- Analyses, researches and corrects complex data integrity issues including inpatient related cases. Abstracts and collects pertinent patient information housed in the hospital’s database.
- Contributes to coding compliance and departmental objectives by providing leadership, mentoring and coding expertise.
- Assists and mentors associate and entry level coders in identifying and correcting data integrity issues within the electronic medical records system and subsequently facilitates corrections.
- Utilizes coding software and coding reference books to perform day-to-day functions and assist associate and entry level coders in honing and developing medical coding skills.
- Maintains accuracy for all coding and productivity standards. Adheres to standard ethical coding guidelines established by professional health information management associations.
- EXPERIENCE – Five years of medical hospital coding and charging experience.
- CERTIFICATION(S) – One of the following is required: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- EDUCATION – High School Diploma or Equivalent
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please submit an application through our website and check out Job ID #’s:
64499, 64475, 64791
Apply Online: https://www.childrenscolorado.org/about/careers/
Posted: January 29, 2020 at 7:10 PM
Post ID: 47306