Find a Job
Coding Compliance Educator
Lexington Medical Center
Location: WEST COLUMBIA, South Carolina
Work Setting: Non Provider Setting
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 485-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, “Summit Award” from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, “Consumer Choice Award” from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our Lexington Medical Center Family!
- Performs coding audits to determine that all coding and billing remains compliant and meets all federal and state guidelines (i.e. Medicare/Medicaid).
- Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of provider and coder education.
- Functions as a coding and documentation resource for the LMC Physician Network.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Minimum Experience: 3 Years of coding experience.
Required Certifications/Licensure: Must have one of the following: CPC, CPMA, COC, CCS-P, CCS, RHIA, RHIT, or other specialty credential with Director approval.
Must have experience working with CPT, ICD diagnosis coding, E/M Documentation Guidelines (1995-1997), CCI edits, Medicare LCDs and NCDs, state and federal regulations as well as payor billing requirements. Must be computer literate, have experience with Microsoft Applications and experience with Electronic Health Records (required).
• Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
• Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC’s retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
• Supplemental 401(k)
• 457(b) retirement plans
• Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
• Adoption assistance
• 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
• LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
• 529 College Savings
• Tuition reimbursement
• Student loan forgiveness
Our mission is the same as it was when we opened our doors in 1971: to provide quality health services that meet the needs of our community. We believe that commitment to the health of our community really makes a difference — and we show it every day.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Applicant can submit resume to Jackie Aubert: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Must submit application online*
Apply Online: http://bit.ly/2TmYOtS
Posted: January 14, 2020 at 11:41 AM
Post ID: 46608