Find a Job
Certified Coder – Medical Office (Remote Position)
Lexington Medical Center
Location: West Columbia, South Carolina
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
*This is a remote position, candidates must reside in the state of South Carolina*
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 485-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, “Summit Award” from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, “Consumer Choice Award” from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our Lexington Medical Center Family!
- Assigns appropriate ICD and CPT codes to diagnoses and/or procedures for reimbursement and statistical purposes.
- Follows the American Medical Association and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services coding guidelines.
- Abstracts clinical information from medical records for complete and accurate statistical documentation.
- Position primarily focuses on coding and billing for physician professional services in clinic, outpatient, and hospital based settings.
- High school degree or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Must have one of the following: CPC, COC, CCS, CCS-P, CCA, RHIT, RHIA, and/or specialty certification as approved by Director.
- At least 1 year of experience in professional coding and billing or related field.
- Must have experience working with CPT, ICD diagnosis coding, E/M Documentation Guidelines (1995/1997), CCI edits, Medicare LCDs and NCDs, state and federal regulations as well as payor billing requirements.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have experience with Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel).
- Experience with electronic health records software required.
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC’s retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
Instructions for Resume Submission
Applicants can send resume to Jackie Aubert: email@example.com
*You must complete an application*
Apply Online: http://bit.ly/2RhJc8d
Posted: January 14, 2020 at 11:27 AM
Post ID: 46607