Find a Job
Manager-Health Information Management- Work location open to all sites
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
This position supports Record Content Management (RCM) in Rochester, MN. The position can also be filled at the following sites: Albert Lea, MN, or La Crosse, WI.
* Responsible and accountable for department operations, fiscal/financial management, quality, and service, environment of care/safety, risk management, and human resource management.
* Manages remotely for multiple sites within region and/or state and/or health system encouraging self-directed teams.
* Coordinates activities for an on-site and telework 24/7 operation.
* Promotes educational opportunities to staff and clinicians and encourages staff to learn, grow and take on leadership roles; provides leadership and representation for HIMS staff; serves on institutional committees/work groups/client practice groups; provides in-depth expertise in medical documentation best practices, process improvement, problem resolution and regulatory agency and institutional standards and requirements.
* Works with supervisor(s) to forecast department needs and staffs to workload appropriately; prioritizes work flows to meet patient care needs; liaises with medical staff to improve processes; facilitates and implements quality and data integrity improvements using performance improvement tools; facilitates EMR documentation posting and integrity; and works collaboratively and maintains relationships with co-workers, both within HIMS and outside of HIMS.
* Stays current with industry standards and initiatives.
* Assures the balance of cost, quality and turnaround is maintained.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in health information, organizational leadership, business or related field with five years of related management experience.
* Must be a registered health information technology (RHIT) or registered health information administrator (RHIA) certification.
* Preferred: Master’s with 1-3 years relevant management experience; Mayo Quality Academy certification or equivalent.
* Demonstrate organizational, communication and teaching skills.
* Candidates must articulate a willingness to work with and be available to staff spread over a wide geographical area, with varying schedules.
* Manager will be expected to utilize technology for communication, but also to discern when a face-to-face presence is necessary.
* Applicable AHIMA, HIMSS or AHDI credentials preferred.
Those supporting HIMS Operation areas required to have a registered health information technology (RHIT) or registered health information administrator (RHIA) certification.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Posted: January 7, 2020 at 6:46 PM
Post ID: 46339