Find a Job
Manager-Health Information Management- Work location open to all sites
Location: JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
This position supports Record Content Management (RCM) in Rochester, MN. The position can also be filled at the following sites: Albert Lea, MN, or La Crosse, WI.
* Responsible and accountable for department operations, fiscal/financial management, quality, and service, environment of care/safety, risk management, and human resource management.
* Manages remotely for multiple sites within region and/or state and/or health system encouraging self-directed teams.
* Coordinates activities for an on-site and telework 24/7 operation.
* Promotes educational opportunities to staff and clinicians and encourages staff to learn, grow and take on leadership roles; provides leadership and representation for HIMS staff; serves on institutional committees/work groups/client practice groups; provides in-depth expertise in medical documentation best practices, process improvement, problem resolution and regulatory agency and institutional standards and requirements.
* Works with supervisor(s) to forecast department needs and staffs to workload appropriately; prioritizes work flows to meet patient care needs; liaises with medical staff to improve processes; facilitates and implements quality and data integrity improvements using performance improvement tools; facilitates EMR documentation posting and integrity; and works collaboratively and maintains relationships with co-workers, both within HIMS and outside of HIMS.
* Stays current with industry standards and initiatives.
* Assures the balance of cost, quality and turnaround is maintained.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in health information, organizational leadership, business or related field with five years of related management experience.
* Must be a registered health information technology (RHIT) or registered health information administrator (RHIA) certification.
* Preferred: Master’s with 1-3 years relevant management experience; Mayo Quality Academy certification or equivalent.
* Demonstrate organizational, communication and teaching skills.
* Candidates must articulate a willingness to work with and be available to staff spread over a wide geographical area, with varying schedules.
* Manager will be expected to utilize technology for communication, but also to discern when a face-to-face presence is necessary.
* Applicable AHIMA, HIMSS or AHDI credentials preferred.
Those supporting HIMS Operation areas required to have a registered health information technology (RHIT) or registered health information administrator (RHIA) certification.
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic’s campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the sixth largest city in the nation, this sunny “desert metropolis” offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city’s more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region’s desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Posted: January 6, 2020 at 1:09 PM
Post ID: 46277