Find a Job
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport
Location: shreveport, Louisiana
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana includes North Louisiana’s only Level 1 Trauma Center at its 452-bed hospital in Shreveport, La. The organization also operates a 244-bed hospital in Monroe, La. With more than 3,400 employees and the Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Physician Group of approximately 500 physicians, Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana serves more than 135,000 patients with more than 600,000 visits annually.
We’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Partnering with the LSU School of Medicine, our goal is to provide high-quality patient care within a setting that advances medical science through research and educates the next generation of leaders in healthcare. We are committed to providing opportunities for our staff that develop and grow careers in a compassionate team-oriented environment focused on patients first.
This is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional attitude and ability to relate to executive management, professionals and business and community leaders.
- Excellent leadership and self-direction skills.
- Good judgment in handling difficult situations.
- Good organizational, time management, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ensures quality of documentation & customer satisfaction.
- Develops personnel and workforce to ensure adequate staffing.
- Participates in research, education & training activities.
- Maintains operational profitability.
- Participates in long-range business planning.
- Ensures physical & technology infrastructure meets functional needs.
- Completes other departmental responsibilities.
- Other related duties as required.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
Required – 10 years of healthcare management experience with Registered Health Information Technology Certification OR 5 years of healthcare management experience with Registered Health Information Administration Certification
Required – Registered Health Information Technology OR Registered Health Information Administration Certification
Preferred – Registered Health Information Administration Certification
Required – Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management or related field
Preferred – Master’s degree
We offer paid time off, robust medical benefits, and 401 K.
Posted: November 27, 2019 at 11:28 AM
Post ID: 45352