Find a Job
Supv Health Information Mgmt
Location: Newport Beach, California
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: US$18.67 – US$31.11 per hour
Novant Health is seeking a Supervisor Health Information Management to be responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring information management standards and systems to support the patient record.
Novant Health is seeking a Supervisor in Health Information Management to be responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring information management standards and systems to support the patient record. The Supervisor of Health Information Management (HIM) has the primary responsibility to manage, direct, and coordinate the activities related to all on-site HIM workflows within acute care HIM Departments. This includes the oversight of all processes and staff related to: pulling/retrieving/sorting clinical records/documents, document assessment, prepping, scanning/indexing, quality analysis of paper medical record documents into any record scanning application/electronic medical record system, and on-site release of information tasks/workflows for walk-in medical record requests. The Supervisor will ensure all workflows are customer focused. The Supervisor will ensure that workflows/departments operate within CMS, TJC regulations/standards. Assists/participates in any regulatory survey response as appropriate. This colleague will also foster working relationships with other departments to ensure timely resolution related to any issues within these #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement, and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm.”
- Education: Associates Degree Required Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience in health information management. Minimum of two years in a supervisory role required
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: RHIT or RHIA required
- Additional Skills Required: Experience with fostering strong relationships with members of a medical staff; familiarity with Joint Commission, CMS, and other related regulations that pertain to medical record/hospital records. Must be comfortable in a computer-based workflow environment. Should have a strong working knowledge of HIPAA requirements. Must have the ability to multitask and work independently with limited supervision. Must have the ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Must be able to meet standardized productivity metrics/goals. Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities.
- Additional Skills Preferred: Experience with the EPIC EHR and/or Hyland On Base scanning application
RHIT or RHIA required.
Experience with the EPIC EHR and/or Hyland On Base scanning application
Associates Degree Required Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Competitive pay, great benefits!
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply using the apply online link below:
Posted: November 26, 2019 at 10:46 PM
Post ID: 45337