Find a Job
HIM Coding Manager – Miami, FL
Health System Solutions (HSS)
Location: Miami, Florida
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsible for high quality and efficient management of inpatient, outpatient surgery, and outpatient coding and reimbursement for all of our client’s facilities. Manages 7 A/R and ensures established goals, ICD9, ICD10, DRG, and CPT are met. Manages overall activities of personnel (in-house and remote coders) to ensure timeliness and compliance with CMS, OIG, and our client’s account receivable goals. Supervises up to 75 FTEs with an average annual volume of 768,056 accounts.
- Bachelor HIM Admin – BHIM
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Seven (7) years of relevant work experience
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication, problem-solving and personnel management skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Knowledgeable in DRG, MSDRGs, APC and ASC reimbursement methodologies, ICD9 CM/PCS, ICD10 CM/PCS and CPT4 coding conventions, health information systems, database management, spreadsheet design, and computer technology.
- RHIT or RHIA (Preferred)
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work.
- Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day.
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively.
- Occasional stooping, reaching or kneeling may be necessary to reach into overhead or low cabinets.
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data.
- Works in an office environment
Health System Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation
Posted: November 13, 2019 at 11:18 AM
Post ID: 44926