Find a Job
Coder Tier 3
TIFT REGIONAL HEALTH SYSTEMS
Location: tifton, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Credentialed Coder – INPATIENT
Department: Health Information Management
Reports To: Coding Manager
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Coding Manager, the Coder assigns codes to discharge records for inpatients, outpatients and emergency room patients based on diagnoses and operative procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job which should be reflected in the essential duties section of the job description.
- Selection/sequencing of principal and secondary diagnosis done correctly at least 98% of the time
- Uses manual or computer encoder for appropriate coding system to assign code to completely describe physician documentation of diagnosis or procedure.
- If diagnosis is unclear, contacts documentation specialists for query.
- Ensures corrections made by physician and other medical personnel are properly recorded and complete
- Enters coded information in computer system for billing purposes.
- Assists other department in coding and reimbursement issues.
- Abstracts designated statistical data from patient record and enters the information into the abstract database.
- Abstracts all appropriate data at least 97% of the time.
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and TRHS’ regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
- Understands and adheres to TRHS’ compliance standards as they appear in TRHS’s Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy, and HIPAA privacy and security.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: Must be familiar with medical terminology, anatomy and physiology. Must have current and extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG and CPT coding systems payment system. Must be dependable; exhibit professionalism; have integrity; be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; possess problem solving skills; possess knowledge to interpret and follow instructions.
EDUCATION: RHIT, RHIA, CCA or CCS credential. Excellent guest relation and communication skills.
EXPERIENCE: 3 -5 years’ experience in coding preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS; Position requires the ability to lift up to 20 pounds. Walking, standing, and sitting for various periods of time required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office or conference room setting. Remote coding setting
Inpatient coding experience preferred. CCS preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please visit www.tiftregional.com and select careers. Type in Coder and select Coder 3 .
Apply Online: http://www.tiftregional.com
Posted: November 11, 2019 at 11:54 AM
Post ID: 44844