Find a Job
TIFT REGIONAL HEALTH SYSTEM
Location: Tifton, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
TIFT REGIONAL HEALTH SYSTEMS
Job Title: Coding Supervisor
Department: Health Information Management
Reports To: Coding Manager
Assists Coding Manager with oversight of coding personnel for both acute and ambulatory facility setting and clinic setting. Assists with revenue management process. Assists with coordination of work flow in coding and works with coding personnel to avoid or eliminate backlogs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. (List Essential Duty Responsibility Statements.) Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job which should be reflected in the essential duties section of the job description.
- Provides services to HIM personnel, physicians, PA’s and other hospital personnel to aid in the treatment of infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients.
- Must interact with all other hospital personnel, patients, visitors, family members, and contract personnel.
- Practice standard precautions for Infection Control; adhere to safety policies and procedures; attend mandatory in-services; maintain helpful, caring attitude.
- Adheres to TRMC Compliance Program, Code of Conduct and TRMC policies and procedures including HIPAA.
- Assist Coding manager with supervision of coding team for all encounters
- Oversees the Combined account process – reviewing IP encounters and daily reports
- Works with Physician Finance and Analysis team to ensure proper assignment of RVUs per provider
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and TRHS’ regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
EDUCATION/AND OR EXPERIENCE:
RHIA, CCS, CCA, CPC or RHIT credentials required. Must have at least 3 years coding experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have knowledge of basic HIM practices. Must be familiar with medical terminology, anatomy and physiology. Must have current and extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT coding systems and trends and developments in prospective payment system. Must be knowledgeable about reimbursement systems and regulatory issues affecting coding. Must be familiar with the use of an encoder. Must be dependable; exhibit professionalism; have integrity; be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; possess problem solving skills; possess organizational skills; be in good general health; complete pre-employment and annual physical requirements (including alcohol and drug screens).
Supervisory experience in both acute and ambulatory settings
Instructions for Resume Submission
This is a 75% remote position. You will be required to be onsite at Tift Regional Hospital and/or clinics in or around Tifton, GA 25 % of work week for meetings, education etc.
Please go to www.tiftregional.com and select careers to apply for the Coding Supervisor position.
Apply Online: http://www.tiftregional.com
Posted: November 11, 2019 at 11:41 AM
Post ID: 44842