Find a Job
Health Information Management, Manager
Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: DOE
The Health Information Management (HIM) Manager leads, plans, organizes and directs the operations of HIM. The Manager is a resource for guidelines, standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to medical record documentation, electronic and paper medical records, HIM software applications, medical coding and reimbursement for Institutional Rehab Facilities (IRF) and transcription. The Manager directs the facility-wide medical record control system and the facility-wide electronic/paper medical record system. The Manager performs software application build, testing, maintenance and training for HIM software applications. Provides support in the retrieval and analysis of clinical information. The Manager provides document retrieval and library services as needed.
- Active membership with American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as a RHIA or RHIT.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience in HIM management. Working knowledge and experience with electronic information systems, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail), records management, system analysis, and ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS coding of medical diagnoses and procedures.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply guidelines, standards and regulatory requirements pertinent to HIM.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, customer service, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills.
- Minimum one (1) year supervisory experience.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience in HIM management.
REHAB is committed to attracting and retaining the best and brightest people who care about and believe in our mission and values. To that end, REHAB offers a comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees.
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness
- Professional Development
- Income Protection
- Retirement Benefits
- Rewards & Recognition
- On-site Services & Conveniences
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please visit our website to complete an application. Submission will be made through the website and your CV can be uploaded as a separate file.
Apply Online: https://www.rehabhospital.org/careers/367
Posted: October 23, 2019 at 10:30 PM
Post ID: 44299