Find a Job
Revenue Integrity Coding Specialist
Health System Solutions (HSS)
Location: Miami, Florida
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care
Job Function: Coder, Coding – QA, Coding – Auditor
Job Type: Full-Time
- Review and resolve all inpatient and outpatient inquires associated with ICD-10 CM/PCS and HCPCS/CPT code assignment, medical necessity, abstracting data or any other component associated with coded data that may impact revenue cycle or data analytics
- Review medical records and take appropriate action for resolution adhering to ICD-10CN/PCS, HCPCS/CPT coding guidelines and conventions while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies
- Work with Revenue Integrity management team in identifying trends which will in operation and performance improvement
- Manage daily financial error worklists and any other reports as well as access applications that contain encounters with edits assigned to coding
- Review encounters to determine appropriate action and communicate with respective revenue cycle department on non-HIM related accounts to expedite resolution
- Respond to intra and interdepartmental inquires on appropriate coding and abstracting assignment according to performance standards and goals set by department
- Ensure work performance meets optimal reimbursement with a coding accuracy rate of 95% in accordance with national standards
- Correct encounters according to productivity standards and goal set by department of # encounters worked per hour
- Serve as a resource to revenue cycle departments as it pertains to ICD-10CM/PCS, HCPCS/CPT, medical necessary and any other component associated with coding
- Maintain CEUs and update coding knowledge through reading articles/newsletters and attending seminars and meetings
- Proficient in ICD-10CM/PCS, HCPCS/CPT coding conventions and guidelines, National and Local Coverage Determinations, and encoder products required
- Demonstrated flexibility to perform other tasks as needed in an active work environment with changing work needs
- Self-motivated to work independently and work as a team member
- Organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required
- High school Diploma
- Coding Certified Specialist, CCS required
- 2 years hand-on ICD-10PM/PCCS experience required
- Experience using MS-Excel required
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work.
- Usually remains stationary for most of the day.
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively.
- Occasional stooping, reaching or kneeling may be necessary to reach into overhead or low cabinets.
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data.
- Works in an office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or related field (preferred)
- AHIMA approved ICD-10CM/PCS trainer (preferred)
Health Insurance, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays off, 401k w/ company matching all after 60 days plus quarterly bonus opportunities!
Posted: October 18, 2019 at 1:42 PM
Post ID: 44120