Find a Job
Assistant/Associate Professor, Health Informatics and Information Management
The College of St. Scholastica
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
The College of St. Scholastica is seeking qualified candidates for a full time, tenure track assistant/associate faculty member to join a robust Health Informatics and Information Management Department. This position will be based on the Duluth campus.
The Department of Health Informatics and Information Management provides innovative undergraduate and graduate programs in a face-to-face and online format. Our faculty are committed to preparing effective and caring HIIM professionals that are knowledgeable in healthcare data, analytics, management, ethics, and health information technology. We are seeking candidates with experience in healthcare reimbursement, healthcare quality, clinical coding, classification systems, vocabularies, ontologies, and standards to effectively teach course content in both the undergraduate and graduate programs within the department. The faculty member will contribute to an educational environment that embraces community through mutual respect of those with different cultures or backgrounds. Candidates with strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively between programs and among colleagues both remotely and face-to-face are highly sought. Rank and tenure status commensurate with qualifications.
– Develop, maintain, and teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the BS Health Information Management, MS Health Information Management, and MS Health Informatics programs
– Provide advisement to HIIM students in their coursework
– Increase the visibility and reputation of the department and profession through teaching, research, national relationship building, collaboration, and networking
– Teach courses related to healthcare quality, healthcare classifications/standards/vocabularies, and other foundational health informatics and information management topics.
– Develop and maintain academic courses based on industry need and accreditation requirements
– Participate in marketing efforts to support the visibility and reputation of the department
– Work collaboratively with faculty and staff on courses, research, and special projects
– Contribute to and participate in fostering a culture of inclusion in support of college inclusive excellence goals
– Master’s degree in Health Informatics, HIM or related field
– Five years of experience in health informatics or health information management
– Active member of national and state health informatics or HIM associations and/or active in eHealth initiatives
– Experience in healthcare quality and reimbursement
– A strong background in clinical classifications, standards, vocabularies, and ontologies
– Experience using academic technologies and be comfortable using health information technologies
– A record of managing and leading projects
– Ability to lead and to work cooperatively with others
– Evidence of cultural competence and demonstrated success working with diverse populations is required
– EdD or PhD in health informatics or a related field
– Three years of academic experience at the college or university level
– Grant writing and grant project management
Salary is commensurate with rank and qualifications. Benefits include insurance options, generous employer contribution to retirement, wellness program, 100% tuition remission for employee and eligible dependents and generous leave.
Instructions for Resume Submission
For more information and to apply, visit www.csshrjobs.com. The College of St. Scholastica is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is rich in diversity, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. While there is no religious requirement, we are interested in individuals who value and support the rich Catholic Benedictine heritage of the College of St. Scholastica.
Apply Online: http://www.csshrjobs.com
Posted: October 18, 2019 at 10:54 AM
Post ID: 44100