Find a Job
Outpatient Surgery Coding Specialist – Remote
Health System Solutions (HSS)
Location: Miami, Remote
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Accurately codes Outpatient Surgery and Observation records for the classification of all diseases, injuries, procedures, and operations using the ICD10CM and CPT4 coding system. Ensures compliance of coding rules and regulations according to Regulatory Agencies (CMS, OIG). Works as a team to meet departmental goals and AR goals. Abstracts prescribed data elements from the medical records.
- Assigns principal diagnosis, secondary diagnoses, and procedures according to principles of ICD10CM and CPT4 coding system after thorough study of the medical record for consistency and optimal reimbursement with a minimum accuracy rate of 95% according to national standards and reaching towards desired goals of 98%.
- Abstracts information attained from the medical records into computer system: i.e., disease and operation codes, surgeon, date and time of surgery with minimum accuracy rate of 98%.
- Codes and abstracts records according to productivity performance standards and goals set by department with a productivity of 6 Outpatient Surgery/Observation records an hour.
- Reviews and resolves coding system edits before finalizing coded account for appropriate coding and reimbursement.
- Completes assigned work on a weekly basis to ensure weekly departmental A/R goals are met.
- Responsible for researching Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant and HCPCS Coding clinics as references for accurate reporting of procedures.
- Responsible for reading coding articles, newsletters, attending seminars and meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining CEUs as set forth by AHIMA’s Certification Commission.
- Responsible for completing any assigned AHIMA CATS or educational modules.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years relevant work experience
- Required Coding Certificate
- Knowledge of encoder system, outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS); APCs and Ambulatory Surgical Center payment system (ASC).
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of National and Local Coverage Determination, NCD and LCD, Policies.
- Competency in Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management staff and physicians.
- Required CCS certification within 2 years of employment, if not CCS certified.
Health Insurance, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays off, 401k w/ company matching all after 60 days plus quarterly bonus opportunities!
Posted: October 16, 2019 at 3:01 PM
Post ID: 44004