Find a Job
Surgery Coding Liaison
Health System Solutions (HSS)
Location: Miami, Remote
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care
Job Function: Coder, Coding – Auditor
Job Type: Full-Time
|Responsible for being the main point of contact for the Baptist Health Case Management Team on surgical coding related inquiries and responding within a timely manner to ensure positive outcomes. Performs various duties to accurately interpret and assign ICD-10-CM/PCS, if needed, and CPT4/HCPCS codes to requests to meet authorization goals. Serves as a resource to members of the BHSF Case Management Team with, but not limited to, coding questions and denial assistance resolution and any other function as needed. Ensures compliance of coding rules and regulations according to Regulatory Agencies (CMS, OIG).|
- Assigns appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, if needed, and CPT4/HCPCS from coding system after thorough study of Operative Note, if available, or description of procedure(s) with at least 95% coding accuracy rate according to national standards and reaching towards desired goals of 98%.
- Reviews and resolves coding system edits.
- Responds to coding inquiries within one hour of receipt to ensure authorization goals are met.
- Research Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant and HCPCS Coding clinics as references for accurate reporting of procedures.
- Maintain abreast of coding updates by reading coding articles, newsletters, attending seminars and meetings.
- Share information and seeks ways to add value both to the customers and team.
- Maintain CEUs as set forth by AHIMA’s Certification Commission.
- Complete assigned or educational modules and participate in scheduled educational sessions.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work.
- Usually remains stationary for most of the day.
- Required to have the ability to Hear and Speak through electronic devices, understand meanings, words and comprehend language.
- Required to utilize Hand and Finger to manipulate and grasp small objects accurately.
- Required to communicate and be able to share information effectively.
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data.
- Works in a remote environment.
Health System Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Coding Certificate, Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Required 2 years work experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management staff and physicians.
- Knowledge of encoder system, outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS); APCs and Ambulatory Surgical Center payment system (ASC).
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of National and Local Coverage Determination, NCD and LCD, Policies.
- Competency in Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Health Insurance, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays off, 401k w/ company matching all after 60 days plus Quarterly bonus opportunities.
Posted: October 16, 2019 at 2:05 PM
Post ID: 43999