Find a Job
Inpatient/Outpatient Facility Medical Coding Specialist (Full Time)
Location: Virtual/Remote, Remote
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Other
Job Type: Part-Time
Remote Inpatient/Outpatient Facility Medical Coding Specialist – Full-Time
Aviacode is growing and now hiring for permanent full-time, benefit eligible, facility coding positions. Aviacode is nationally recognized as one of the top medical coding companies in KLAS and Black Book Market Research surveys. If you are a successful medical coding professional that will bring a wealth of experience to our team, apply today to take advantage of our flexible remote positions.
Whether you are wanting more work-life balance or just wanting to fall in love with your job again, connect with us today to learn more about our inspiring career opportunities!
This position will be responsible for medical coding for a larger facility client. Coder will be responsible for reviewing charts, coding appropriate charges and ensuring high quality standards are achieved.
Must have experience coding at least three of the following specialities: ED, OBS, SDS. Ancillary, OP clinics, Injections & Infusions, Inpatient or Trauma.
- RHIA, RHIT, or CCS required
- Minimum of 3 years inpatient or outpatient coding experience in facility setting
- Coder is responsible for assigning diagnostic and procedural codes to patient charts using ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS or any other designated coding classification system in accordance with coding rules and regulations. The coder will abstract required clinical information. This position requires a thorough knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, pharmacology, Medicare’s Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), Official Coding Guidelines for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes, and documentation requirements for correct and accurate coding.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high quality standards of 95% or greater
- Proficient in utilizing technology (computer, VPN, MS Office, coding software) to perform responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ICD-10 coding experience and have completed an ICD-10 course
- Experience with trauma and highly complex cases, orthopedic, and cardiology preferred
- Coders will use their own PC and Must have Windows 10 Pro operating system
- Reliable Internet provider required
Must pass candidate assessment test with a minimum score of 85%. This position is a full-time virtual/work from home position
Apply Online: http://www.Click2Apply.net/db54bq8y8g89ptb2
Posted: September 13, 2019 at 11:19 AM
Post ID: 42785