Find a Job
Release of Information Specialist
Providence St. Joseph Health
Location: Portland, Oregon
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Release of Information Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
About the department you will serve.
One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name adopted to reflect the Providence employees who work throughout Providence Health & Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle systems and structures in support of our ministries and operations in all regions from Alaska to California. ORC’s objective is to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise.
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Release of Information Specialist to our location in Portland, OR.
Please Note: This position is on the Legal ROI Team.
We are seeking a Release of Information Specialist to respond to requests for patient information and confirm authorizations for such requests. He or she may also provide information to attorneys, auditors, disability personnel, insurance companies, physicians, clinicians, patients, business office employees, researchers and worker’s compensation workers; following all requirements for State and Federal regulations, HIPAA and Providence Health Systems policies.
In this position you will:
- Keep current on regulations, policies and procedures associated with releasing PHI.
- Research and respond to requests for patient information, both routine and emergent.
- Confirm authorizations and/or verify requests for release of information.
- Determine location of requested records and retrieve them, including multiple electronic systems, paper or fiche/film.
- Print, fax, scan, photocopy, or save to disc appropriate records from records management system, microfiche/microfilm or hard copy.
- Maintain confidentiality of Protected Health Information.
- Serve as a resource for other Providence Health System staff in the area of specialty.
- Route questions to appropriate Health Information Management or ancillary services personnel.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2+ years experience in health information.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- AA Degree or at least some college level course work, particularly in health information technology.
- Experience in a hospital environment.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply online with an updated resume at http://bit.ly/ROI228423
Apply Online: http://bit.ly/ROI228423
Posted: September 11, 2019 at 7:20 PM
Post ID: 42733