Find a Job
Manager, Health Information Management
Anne Arundel Medical Center
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care, Hospital, Physician Office
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Side by side we unleash our potential
What we do at Anne Arundel Medical Center has everything to do with who we are. How we work alongside one another, with big goals for innovative, data-driven, patient-centric healthcare. We believe in our ability – and agility – to change tomorrow in ways that matter to all people. Our regional health center is moving fast and you can come along. Join us in working side by side, in true collaboration, in a place that will capture your heart and mind.
The Manager of HIM is responsible for the provision of Health Information Management services in an inpatient/ambulatory/physician office multi-site/multi-facility setting, balancing the clinical and financial requirements for the electronic health record and enhancing the wellbeing and engagement of HIM staff.
- Develop policies and procedures
- Manage staff responsible for analysis, chart completion, identity, transcription support, and release of information and vendor relationships
- Implement HIM best practices for the electronic record environment, planning for and effective IS resources
- Assist the Director in setting departmental goals and team/individual productivity standards
- Associate’s degree in Health Information Management
- Five years of managerial experience in Health Information Management with at least three years in an acute care hospital setting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint including data import/export, graphs, and pivot tables
- Knowledge of regulatory environment to include: Joint Commission, State of Maryland (COMAR), HIPAA/HITECH, CMS, and FDA/NIH
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management preferred
- RHIA preferred
Instructions for Resume Submission
Located in Annapolis, Maryland, Anne Arundel Medical Center is ideally situated in the center of American history, within easy reach to the region’s most vibrant cities. We are a modern and sophisticated destination for diverse lifestyles. Our location is part of the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area and also considered the gateway to the Chesapeake Bay and the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
To learn more about this opportunity to join us, please apply online at https://www.aamccareers.org/job/10052512/manager-health-information-management-full-time-day-annapolis-md/
Anne Arundel Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace including sexual orientation and gender identity. Tobacco-Free Workplace.
Posted: September 11, 2019 at 4:23 PM
Post ID: 42716