Find a Job
Manager – Health Information Management – Northshore
Ochsner Health System
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
We’ve made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed – our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
The Manager manages and coordinates the daily operations of the HIM departments to ensure consistent productivity and efficient operation. The Manager plans and organizes all operational functions including staffing and staff development, purchasing, budgeting, regulatory compliance and customer service management. The Manager works closely with the management team of various departments on committees and projects.
• Manages daily operations to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
• Oversees and evaluates training and development of employees and follow-up with training and updates, as needed.
• Acts as resource for Foundation-wide information distribution and feedback regarding health information management.
• Manages departmental inventory and purchasing in accordance with standards and authority guidelines within the HIM Division.
• Assists Director with department business and operational planning.
• Provide HIM expertise and support to existing and new clinical department systems to ensure documentation requirements and compliance guidelines are met.
- Required – Associates degree in Healthcare or Business Administration or related field
- Preferred – Additional degrees, business training experience and/or certifications may be combined to meet minimum qualifications.
Required – 7 years related health care experience preferably in a health care setting including two years of supervisory or management experience.
Preferred – Graduate of an accredited Health Information Management program with credentials of Registered Health Information Administrator or Technician
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Posted: August 15, 2019 at 11:11 AM
Post ID: 41812