Find a Job
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Join our growing team at Southcentral Foundation’s Revenue Cycle department!
Who are we? Southcentral Foundation is an Alaska Native-owned, nonprofit health care organization. Our award-winning model of care is based on our belief that the journey to wellness is a responsibility shared between patient and provider.
Who are we looking for? As we expand our offerings of coding services, we are looking for Coding Specialists to join our small team. Our Coding Specialists are responsible for reviewing and assigning accurate medical and behavioral codes for diagnoses, procedures, and services performed by physicians and other qualified healthcare providers in the office setting. The Coding Specialist are proficient in coding across a wide range of services, including evaluation and management, surgery, radiology, pathology, behavioral, and medical procedures. The Coding Specialist demonstrates sound knowledge of medical coding guidelines and regulations including compliance and reimbursement. In addition, the Coding Specialist has knowledge of CPT, HCPCs, and ICD-10 as well as knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology necessary to correctly code provider diagnosis and services
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Health Care Financial Management or related field; OR equivalent combination of training, education and related experience.
- CPC (Certified Professional Coding) Certification through AAPC or CCS or CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist, Certified Coding Specialist-Professional) or RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) certification through AHIMA required.
- Three (3) years of medical or behavioral coding experience.
- Two (2) years of clerical experience working in a health care organization or in a position that requires understanding and application of basic accounting principles or equivalent.
Additional Qualifications for Coding Specialist II:
- Two (2) additional years of medical or behavioral coding experience.
Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Health Care Financial Management or related field; OR equivalent combination of training, education and related experience.
Salary DOE with excellent benefits including an employer matched 401K plan, generous paid leave 3.6 – 6.5 weeks per year, 12 paid holidays, employee medical, dental, vision, hearing and more.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Resume may be uploaded to your profile on our jobs page.
Posted: August 12, 2019 at 7:26 PM
Post ID: 41746