Find a Job
Northern Montana Health Care
Location: Havre, Montana
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $15.83 – $19.39 per/hour
Northern Montana Health Care is seeking experienced full-time certified coders (2 acute, 1 ambulatory)!
- Working experience with Diagnosis Related Grouping (DRGs) and International Classification of Diseases-Current Version (ICD-10)
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital claims – Review medical records to determine accurate assignment of inpatient and outpatient codes, including (but not limited to) missing/incorrect procedure codes, missing/incorrect diagnosis codes, DRG validation, and code sequencing
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal departments; respond timely to coding review requests/inquiries.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an acute or ambulatory coder
- Working understanding of hospital Rev Cycle processes including HIM, CDM maintenance, & billing/claims generation
- Proficient auditing and problem solving skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and work flow management skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently with minimal supervision
- Working experience with hospital patient account systems/billing software (EPIC, Meditech, MedAssets, etc)
- Knowledge of or experience in Oncology preferred but not required
- Working experience with Ambulatory Procedure Grouping (APGs) and Current Procedural Terminology-Current Version (CPT) coding a plus
- Working knowledge of Managed Care and Government payer environment a plus as well as experience in Rural Health Clinic guidelines
• AHIMA (CCS or CCS-P) or AAPC (CPC or CPC-H) certified
Health, dental, life, disability and FLEX/HSA benefits available with 403-b options.
Salary commensurate with up to 10 years’ experience.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $15.83 – $19.39 per/hour
Ref Code: 2019-171
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please visit www.nmhcare.org for full job posting and to apply!
Apply Online: http://www.nmhcare.org
Posted: August 5, 2019 at 1:21 PM
Post ID: 41434