Find a Job
Coder III – Inpatient
Location: Salem, Oregon
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Support Health Information Management Department through assigning codes to inpatient, outpatient, Emergency Department, and other records as may be determined, utilizing ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT-4 coding classifications, abstracting information from the medical record, and entering codes or other data into the computer system. High-Level Coder position.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL SALEM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS:
- Reflect Salem Health’s values:
- Excellence—Committed to the highest quality in all that we do
- Caring—Sensitive, kind, and compassionate in all of our interactions
- Integrity—Honest and ethical in all we say and do
- Accountability—Personally responsible for our work and for the results
- Teamwork—Individuals and groups collaborating to benefit those we serve
- Demonstrate completion of Salem Health mandatory education, including confidentiality, safety, fire, and disaster procedures, as well as completion of any job- or department-specific license, certification, registration, or training.
- Demonstrate professionalism in working with patients, families, visitors and other team members including adherence to the Salem Health and department-specific personal appearance guidelines.
- Maintain current knowledge of and follows Salem Health policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary, and welcoming environment for patients, families, visitors, and team members.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance, and makes self available in the event of a disaster.
- Model behaviors in Salem Health’s “Five Star Guide to Service Excellence”.
- Demonstrate good stewardship of organizational resources, including time and materials.
- Work in a team environment, interacting positively and effectively communicating with team members, patients, and other partners from diverse backgrounds.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assigns codes to inpatient medical records (IP) utilizing ICD-10-CM coding systems while maintaining a productivity rate of 18-22 records per day and a 95% or greater accuracy rate and ability to assist in other areas of coding on an as needed basis.Ability to cross-train and assist in OP Obs/Surg, ED or ancillary as needed
- Enters diagnoses, procedures and revenue codes in EPIC; adds Account Notes and updates ADT information in EPIC; manages assigned work queues in EPIC.
- Abstracts information from the medical record and enters data into the EPIC system
- Previous coding experience within a multi-specialty hospital
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant inpatient and/or outpatient CPT/ICD-10 (procedural and diagnoses) coding experience.
- Score of 95% or better on Salem Health’s Coder III test required
Certification: A minimum of a Certified Coding Associate (CCA) or a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) required
Certification: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) preferred.
Education: Graduation from an AHIMA accredited college or trade school
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please apply online at http://www.salemhealth.org/about/careers/staff-positions
Apply Online: http://www.salemhealth.org/about/careers/staff-positions
Posted: July 31, 2019 at 11:57 AM
Post ID: 41276