Find a Job
Instructor, Health Information Technology/Medical Office Administration
Guilford Technical Community College
Location: Jamestown, North Carolina
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The full-time Health Information Technology/Medical Office Administration faculty member participates in the planning, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the program curriculum. This individual may also be assigned the responsibility of coordinating the efforts of a designated instructional team.
• Two years of experience in health information technology, medical coding, billing, records management, and/or IT.
• Experience in teaching health information technology or medical office curriculum in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
• More than 2 years of experience in health information technology, medical coding, billing, records management, and/or IT.
• Post-secondary teaching experience
• Experience in medical office coding, insurance, and Electronic Health Records
• Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
• Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Technology or related field from a regionally accredited institution
• Certifications: RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician)
• Master’s degree in Health Information Technology or related field from a regionally accredited institution
• Certifications: RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator);CPC(Certified Professional Coder); CPC-H (Certified Professional Coder-Hospital); Microsoft Office Certifications
Commensurate with experience
Instructions for Resume Submission
For the complete job description and to apply online, go to https://gtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2858.
Apply Online: https://gtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2858
Posted: July 26, 2019 at 4:52 PM
Post ID: 41175