Find a Job
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. *Studies and analyzes the clinical content of a medical record.
3. *Assigns and sequences diagnosis and procedure codes appropriately to arrive at the correct DRG assignment.
4. *Enters coding information into the computer system (Epic) for reimbursement use by Patient Financial Services for submitting patients’ bills.
5. *Maintains a thorough and updated knowledge of Clinical Coding Guidelines., Fiscal Intermediary directives, Coding Compliance standards and Local Medical Review Policies.
6. *Utilizes cross-training in three or more clinical specialties to facilitate coding of complex and service-extensive medical records.
7. *Provides education to facility healthcare professionals and medical staff in the use of coding guidelines and practices, proper documentation techniques, and query monitoring to assist with documentation improvement activities.
8. *Maintains strict confidentiality regarding patient information.
9. *Mentors and trains new coding staff members.
10. *Works as a team member to ensure all coding is accurate and meets turnaround standards.
High school diploma or equivalency required. Class work in ICD-10-CM/PCS required. RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator), RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or Certification as a CCS.
Minimum of two (2) years coding experience in a medical environment required.
Apply Online: http://www.bryanhealth.org/careers
Posted: July 19, 2019 at 3:09 PM
Post ID: 41026