Find a Job
Director of Health Information Management and Coding
Archbold Medical Center
Location: Thomasville, Georgia
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Archbold Medical Center is a four-hospital, three nursing-home health system with 540 patient beds. We employ more than 2,500 people and boast an outstanding medical staff of nearly 200 qualified physician specialists. Our flagship hospital, John D. Archbold Memorial Hospital, is a 264-bed hospital located in Thomasville, Georgia. Our system hospitals, also in Georgia, are Brooks County Hospital in Quitman, Grady General Hospital in Cairo, and Mitchell County Hospital in Camilla.
For over 90 years, Archbold has been synonymous with high-quality, compassionate medical care. Our dedicated staff and exemplary facilities have helped us maintain an excellent reputation. Our facilities are accredited by The Joint Commission.
To provide the citizens of South Georgia and North Florida with high quality, patient-focused healthcare in a cost-effective manner.
To be the best healthcare system in our region.
- Employee Satisfaction
- Patient Experience
- Financial Stewardship
- Community Benefit
The Director, Health Information Management (HIM) and Coding is responsible for the operational performance of the centralized HIM department functions across our 4-hospital system, including both facility and professional coding, release of information, transcription, chart management, enterprise master patient index, document management, medical records integrity, HIPAA security, and overall patient information management.
They also provide full operational management and leadership to optimize and maintain efficient HIM processes and best practice use of the electronic medical record, computer-assisted coding and clinical documentation software, and other related technologies. They also are experienced and knowledgeable of compliance with all state and federal regulations, coding and billing guidelines.
This leader reports to the Vice President of Revenue Cycle Operations, leads an experienced, motivated and stable staff, and participates with a dynamic, engaged team of revenue cycle directors. They will serve as the subject matter expert and advisor for all things related to patient records and support the overall success of the revenue cycle functions of the whole organization.
- 7 years’ minimum experience in a hospital Health Information environment, with 5 years in a significant management role required.
- Current and active Certified Coding Specialist certification (CCS) and Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification required. Certified Tumor Registrar helpful.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, specifically HIPAA, CMS, JCAHO- as relates to HIM functions.
- Demonstrated success leading a productive HIM staff, possessing strong technology skills.
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to relate well to all staff, system management, as well as the medical staff.
- Highly skilled at developing workflow processes, adapting technology and people, policies and procedures.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products – EXCEL, WORD, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management, Medical Records Administration, or related health care field required.
Competitive compensation package offered.
Apply Online: https://archbold.org/employment
Posted: July 19, 2019 at 9:35 AM
Post ID: 41000