Find a Job
Director Medical Records
Appalachian Regional Healthcare System
Location: Boone, North Carolina
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
The HIM Director will be responsible for coordinating HIM services across a multi facility health care system. Establish facility goals in keeping with the objectives and mission of Appalachian Regional Healthcare System.
– Possess knowledge of Federal, State and regulatory agency standards that impacts Health Information Management.
– Will possess technical knowledge and be able to coordinate HIM processes within integrated delivery systems.
– Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Maintain departmental operations within an established budget.
– Must have a minimum of three years management experience within an HIM hospital environment.
– Five years progressive HIM background.
– Coding knowledge and experience preferably at CCS level.
– Experience with revenue cycle initiatives.
– RHIA or RHIT Certification preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates who are RHIA/RHIT eligible.
– BS Degree in Health Information Management or related field
We offer a robust benefits package including health insurance, vision and dental insurance, 403B with a match incentive, employee wellness program and more!
Posted: July 17, 2019 at 3:56 PM
Post ID: 40948