Find a Job
Supervisor, Coding – Gainesville
UF Health Shands
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Do the finest work of your career
with one of the finest hospital systems.
Join us at UF Health Shands in Gainesville, where the professional setting
is as attractive as our reputation for clinical excellence.
What makes one employer stand out? Some value the ability to enhance lives within an environment where discovery, innovation, and positive patient outcomes are the norm. Others seek the ability to learn, grow, and succeed through exceptional professional resources. And there are those who desire rewards and recognition commensurate with their contributions. We believe the very best team members deserve all of these advantages, and more.
The University of Florida Shands Hospital is hiring a Supervisor, Coding in Gainesville, Florida.
The University of Florida Shands Hospital is recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the 150 Top Places to Work, by Forbes as One of America’s Best Employers, by Indeed as #15 on the list of 25 top-rated workplaces: Best Hospitals and among both U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals and Best Children’s Hospitals. Our Magnet-designated facility offers not only world-class patient care but also outstanding research and education opportunities to its employees.
Gainesville Community Highlights:
•Home to the University of Florida and Santa Fe College
•Florida Gators athletic events year round
•More than 20 nature parks
•Bustling downtown area with numerous dining and entertainment options
•Weekly, local farmers markets
•Seasonal art festivals
•Progressive live music scene
•Theaters and museums
•Excellent public and private schools for children
•Within an hour and a half from the east and west coasts of Florida
•Surrounded by small towns rich with southern charm
•Known for nearby springs and rivers
•Within two hours of Orlando, Jacksonville and Tampa
UF Health Shands provides the following core benefits:
•Medical Insurance (EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON DATE OF HIRE)
•Long-Term Disability Insurance
•Employee Life and AD&D Insurance (effective the first day of the month after employment)
•Paid Time Off (accrues bi-weekly based on hours worked and years of service)
•Employee Assistance Plan
•Tuition Reimbursement (available after six months of employment)
Responsible for recruiting, supervision, training and evaluation of coders. Manages workflow processes and personnel to accomplish the timely and compliant coding of hospital medical records/accounts. Participates in special projects.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) OR Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) OR Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) OR Certified Professional Coder (CPC) OR Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H).
• AHIMA Certified ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer preferred.
• Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in hospital inpatient and/or outpatient medical record coding and reimbursement.
• One year previous supervisory experience preferred.
• May have equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and experience requirements.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Able to work nights and weekends, as required to support workflow.
• Able to work well with minimal supervision.
• Able to communicate clearly both written and verbally.
• Able to maintain positive and productive relationships with internal and external teams and customers.
Be part of the team of excellence that is moving medicine forward.
In addition to a culture defined by teamwork and professional support, we offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, and relocation assistance.
You may also elect the following voluntary benefits:
•Cancer Protection Policy
•Critical Care Insurance
•Dependent Life Insurance
•Discounts on Auto and Homeowners Insurance
•FlexChecks Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
•FlexChecks Health Care Reimbursement Account
•Group Legal Insurance
•Supplemental AD&D Insurance
•Supplemental Short-Term Disability
•Universal Life Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Posted: July 3, 2019 at 2:08 PM
Post ID: 40623