Find a Job
Director, Health Information Management
National Jewish Health
Location: Denver, Colorado
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Health Information Management Department (HIM) in the capacity of planning, organizing, and managing electronic and paper clinical content, electronic data integrity, accessibility, use, and protection of health information. This position includes the operations of electronic application teams, project management, identifying work process improvements, implementation techniques and redefining information management practice while partnering with Executive Leadership to facilitate the goals and mission of National Jewish Health (NJH).
1. Evaluates departmental system/process needs and aligns business objectives within the health IT industry.
2. Analyzes, implements, reviews, and updates short and long-term goals and programs to achieve the goals and plans of the department and overall organization.
3. Participates in the design and directs the implementation, control, and maintenance of electronic systems and the proper utilization of human resources necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the department.
4. Participates with the medical staff in the establishment of setting standards for completeness, accuracy, and accessibility of patient electronic medical records, and dictation and transcription of summaries.
5. Oversees the efforts surrounding quality control procedures for all application implementation and ensures the performance of operations and support while maintaining application enhancement and effective utilization by measuring and making changes to improve the effectiveness of the department’s quality initiatives.
6. Responsible for coordinating depositions and arranging payment for attorneys and medical staff for expert testimony. Maintains legal status of medical information including confidentiality and patient accessibility. Reviews any relevant HIM issues with the legal department.
7. Reviews and updates HIM policies and procedures as needed. Actively participates in Joint Commission accreditation proceedings by reviewing and maintaining standards.
8. Prepares and monitors department budget and allocates funds to accomplish objectives.
9. Adheres to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) providing data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Manages 25-35 employees
A minimum of five (5) years direct management experience in Health Information Management administration, or health care related field required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Registered Health Information Administrator or Health Information Technician required.
Experience in an outpatient setting preferred. Experience managing enterprise-wide projects within budget desired.
Bachelor degree in Health Care Management, Health Information Management, or Health Care Administration required.
Instructions for Resume Submission
To be considered for this position, please fill out an application online in its entirety at https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/national/#/job/3114
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/national/#/job/3114
Posted: July 1, 2019 at 1:10 PM
Post ID: 40549