Find a Job
Surgery Coding Liaison
Health System Solutions (HSS)
Location: Miami, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $55,000-$60,000
Health System Solutions (HSS) is a joint venture between Navigant Consulting, Inc., and Baptist Health South Florida. HSS provides revenue cycle management services to providers.
|Responsible for being the main point of contact for the Baptist Health Case Management Team on surgical coding related inquiries and responding within a timely manner to ensure positive outcomes. Performs various duties to accurately interpret and assign ICD-10-CM/PCS, if needed, and CPT4/HCPCS codes to requests to meet authorization goals. Serves as a resource to members of the BHSF Case Management Team with, but not limited to, coding questions and denial assistance resolution and any other function as needed. Ensures compliance of coding rules and regulations according to Regulatory Agencies (CMS, OIG).|
- Assigns appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, if needed, and CPT4/HCPCS from coding system after thorough study of Operative Note, if available, or description of procedure(s) with at least 95% coding accuracy rate according to national standards and reaching towards desired goals of 98%.
- Reviews and resolves coding system edits.
- Responds to coding inquiries within one hour of receipt to ensure authorization goals are met.
- Research Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant and HCPCS Coding clinics as references for accurate reporting of procedures.
- Maintain abreast of coding updates by reading coding articles, newsletters, attending seminars and meetings.
- Share information and seeks ways to add value both to the customers and team.
- Maintain CEUs as set forth by AHIMA’s Certification Commission.
- Complete assigned or educational modules and participate in scheduled educational sessions.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required 2 years work experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management staff and physicians.
- Knowledge of encoder system, outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS); APCs and Ambulatory Surgical Center payment system (ASC).
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of National and Local Coverage Determination, NCD and LCD, Policies.
- Competency in Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Coding Certificate, Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
Health System Solutions (HSS) offers competitive salary and benefits including 401k with company match, health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays off, quarterly performance bonus opportunities
Instructions for Resume Submission
To learn more apply directly following the link below and check us out online and Apply Online
Posted: June 12, 2019 at 11:52 AM
Post ID: 40138