Find a Job
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Cancer Registrar
Job Type: Full-Time
Choose extraordinary. Nebraska Medicine gives you an experience unlike any other.
Join us and feel valued, empowered and supported.
We work with our team members to find a position that is close to home, works with your schedule and offers competitive benefits.
Becoming a colleague with Nebraska Medicine means committing to Be Extraordinary in helping us provide a higher level of care.
That includes teamwork, collaboration, accountability and going above expectations to uphold our reputation for delivering a world-class experience for our patients and their families.
Analyze and abstract detailed clinical and administrative data from the medical record to meet hospital, accreditation, and regulatory agency requirements. Initiate and perform required follow-up activities to assist in improving clinical outcomes. Develop detailed reports, as requested, from the cancer registry database.
- Minimum of two years experience in a health related field required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Completion of college level anatomy and physiology required.
- Completion of college level medical terminology course required.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) or ability to obtain CTR licensure within six months of hire or transfer date required.
- Cancer registry related or cancer care related field experience preferred.
- Associate’s degree in a health related field preferred.
- Completion of formal cancer registry training program preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please submit application and resume online at https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/nebraska/#/job/14940
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/nebraska/#/job/14940
Posted: May 8, 2019 at 9:29 AM
Post ID: 39347