Find a Job
APR/DRG IP Coder
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Work Setting: Consultant/Vendor
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking an Inpatient Coder with APR/DRG experience to work for one or more of the clients remotely or virtual from home office.
- Review documentation to code diagnosis and procedures
- Communicate with physicians to obtain or clarify diagnosis and/or procedures via the query process
- Assign accurate codes utilizing an electronic encoder application in accordance with practice policy and regulatory guidelines
- Perform Peer Reviews of Company Health Information Management coding auditors and coders
- Complete reports as requested
- Must have APR/DRG experience
- Maintain minimum accuracy rate of 98% while meeting internal productivity standards set by company
- Maintain productivity expectations: inpatient 24 encounters per day, 3 encounters per hour, 20 minutes to code each encounter
- Minimum of two years of facility based inpatient experience
- Knowledge of Federal, state and payer regulations
- Capable of interpreting medical records reports and chart entries
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Capable of applying judgment and decision making
- Base office skills (Word, Excel)
- Pass Coding Assessment with score 80% or greater.
- Basic background with computers with ability to be in multiple systems at 1 time
- Self-motivated with ability to work autonomously and in a team in a fast paced environment
- Interacting with manager/team members on scheduled time off and breaks and new procedures and policies as provided by the client is essential.
- Well organized and able to handle multipole projects as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- CCS, RHIT or RHIA (AHIMA)
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please apply on line.
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 11:36 AM
Post ID: 39317